Friday, April 1, 2011

Why this blog?

I am a guy who doesn't believe in Masters that you would get in big university. Because I have met people who din't have chance to study B.E/B.Tech due to monetary issues but still performing a lot (I mean, really a lot) better than most engineers I have met so far. So, does your degree make a difference? Yeah sure it does. When you enter into a new environment, you will widen your contacts knowingly or unknowingly. If you are lucky enough, you might also get a chance to see people from many cultures and you would socialize with them. Apart from that, all that makes the difference is what you do during those years than what degree that you finally get. Again, I would stress upon the fact that it is just my personal opinion. But, I am sure, corporates wont agree with me in this argument. I know so many good companies who prefer only people from prestigious institutions. Even though the candidates have a very good resume with 3 or 4 year experience, the institutions in which they did their Bachelor/Master degree has some influence in the selection process for sure.

Now, coming to the point... why this blog? This is just a diary than a blog. In the past, I have done the sin of not noting down anything that I have learnt. So, as the time flies and the memory fades, I have started feeling that I am turning into a wiped slate once again. Better late than never. So I thought I would record whatever I learn daily, restricting myself only to the softwares and related stuffs. My interest is to gain architectural skills, solve algorithms, effectively use data structures etc, and I would be discussing the same in this blog in the days to come.

1 comment: